Monday, February 13, 2012

CLASS CANCELLED!!!


One of the greatest things is waking up on a Friday morning to find out your class has been cancelled. Usually rushing out the door to make it to a 10:00 doesn’t leave much room to hang out and make something reallllll good for breakfast. However, since this wasn’t the case last Friday I had plenty of time to relax and actually make something for breakfast instead of grabbing something to go.

I love eggs any way whether they’re scrambled, over easy or my all time favorite, omelets. The best part about omelets is you can really add anything you want to them, or whatever it is you have in the fridge. This time it was the left over spinach and kalamata olives from dinner Wednesday night and it was delicioussss (and pretty healthy!).

WHAT YOU NEED & HOW TO DO IT:
     -       2 or 3 eggs
     -       splash of milk
     -        spinach
     -       chopped garlic
     -       kalamta olives
     -       feta cheese
     -       butter
  
     1.     Wash your spinach and chop up your olives and garlic (I don’t really measure at this point because it’s all up to you depending on how much you like or don’t like these ingredients)

     2.     Beat your eggs, add the splash of milk and a dash of salt and pepper, set aside.

     3.     Heat your pan, coat the bottom with butter and add chopped garlic followed by your spinach.

     4.     Once the spinach has cooked down and is ALMOST fully cooked, add in your eggs, olives and crumble a little bit of the feta on top (or whatever other cheese you want to use)

     5.     Let the eggs cook. You can poke at the middle of your omelet to let the uncooked eggs run through. Once you feel it’s cooked enough, fold over to sit for about a minute then flip it over to the other side.

* if you feel you don’t have the skill, and trust me I have dropped a few of these on the kitchen floor myself, just slide it off on to a plate first and flip it over that way. *




LAZY COLLEGE KID TIP: A lot of what I cook involves chopped garlic, which can be a serious pain in the asssss to peel and chop up all the time. So I also keep a jar of diced garlic in my fridge for the days when I just don’t have the time or want to bother with the fresh garlic!  




No comments:

Post a Comment