Monday, February 13, 2012

BOSTON!!

So after being a student here at URI for almost four years this past weekend we FINALLY made it to Boston. Despite that fact I am one of Manhattans biggest fans because I’m there basically every weekend when I’m back home, I had an AMAZING time. We were celebrating one of my best guy friends 22nd birthday and went to ‘Howl at the Moon’.


It was WAY different than any club or bar I’ve been to in NYC and the new concept in how the bar was themed was a nice change. The fact they had a more NYC style nightclub attached downstairs though was also a plus and more my style. However, if you ever do have the chance to go here although the bar is attached to the club you need to re-enter through a different door and show ID again. I learned this the hard way and despite the fact the second bouncer had just seen me walk out of ‘Howl at the Moon’, he wouldn’t take my stamped had as a valid form of ID.

They had live performers who would take written down requests from audience members and would play your song right away if you threw them a nice tip. They also had these awesome drink buckets that a few of us split. 



Since it was a long night and there was no shot of any one going food shopping, we took the LAZY COLLEGE KID way out and ordered pizza for dinner. If you attend URI or live anywhere in Rhode Island and have NOT tried this pizza I HIGHLY suggest you do so IMMEDIATELY.




Like I said I spend a majority of my time in New York City and the pizza back home in New Jersey doesn’t even compare to the various pizza’s I’ve tried while away at school, but PIER PIZZA just BLEW me out of the water. It’s AMAZING, enough said. Their white pizza (called ‘greek pizza’ on their menu) is just phenomenal as well as their traditional cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment